Re: [ga] Letter to L.Touton

Bret A. Fausett wrote:

> I would simply like to see and evaluate for myself the discussion among the
> NC and ICANN's counsel regarding the proper role of the General Assembly.

The role of the General Assembly, as all those who are involved in
it must realize, is to give a semblance of democratic procedure to
what is an undemocratic process. That is also the role of the
bylaws, as it is of the voting for board members, and of the
proposed At-large membership.

Nothing that ICANN has ever done has been democratic. ICANN was
founded upon a fait accompli: the appearance of an unelected and
unconsented board. Every single procedure during ICANN's existence
which has had extended the faintest glimmer of hope of democratic
procedure has been quashed, so that rigged memberships and
constituencies and entire SOs could be installed and ratify policy
which was decided years ago by the few who have, behind closed
doors, created this proto-fascist Internet government.

You, Bret Fauseet, and I, and Jay Fenello, and Karl Auerbach, and
all the other IFWP members, and now the DNSO General Assembly, and
soon the At-large membership, are nothing more than a front: naive
fools who have lent their presence, and the semi-legitimacy it
bestows, on a corrupt, vicious, and disgusting conspiracy to control
the Internet for the benefit of a few wealthy corporations.

Do not play their game any longer. Fight them. Attack them legally,
and politically, and in every other way that has any hope of wiping
out this shameful episode in the history of the Internet and of our
country.

Michael Sondow           I.C.I.I.U.     http://www.iciiu.org
Tel. (718)846-7482                        Fax: (603)754-8927