[ga] nomination procedure

Members,

I have followed the constructive discussions on the nominations procedures
with keen interest. I have also noted the requests for me to provide some
coordination in this exercise. I will love to do that but the facts below
prevent me from having such a responsibility:

1. My role as GA Chair terminated at the end of the LA conference since my
appointment was specifically to chair the LA meeting. Hence, I will be
out-of-order if I assumed such a role.
2. The call for nomination procedure also appear to suggest that the
proposals come from members of GA, not from the GA as an organized body.
3. WG-D was asked to study the issue of an organized GA versus non-organized
GA at LA meeting.

Under the circumstances, I could not assume any formal role but suggest the
following:

1. we sanitize the 7 or so proposals identified in the GA, by forming a
drafting team to assist the proponents detail the proposals. the drafting
team includes the authors, wd-g chairman and one or two enthousiasts.

2. the authors/proponents submit their final detailed proposals themselves
to: ga-procedures@dnso.org as requested.

3. WD-G Chairman provide some analysis of the proposed procedures to both
the ga@dnso.org and ga-procedures@dnso.org The term of the Chairman of WD-G
is active and is tasked with recommending procedures and policies. A report
from the WD-G Chairman of these procedures to NC is in order and would be
well received.

Such an approach ensures we are within the scope of the bylaws and also
follow the intent of the guidelines of the NC call for nominations
procedures.

Best Regards,
Nii