RE: [ga] Motion re appointment of nominees for GA chair

idno@tallship.net wrote:

> As per your request I have removed you from the list of
> supporters of Andy
> Gardner's version of a, "Single Candidate Proposal".

Thanks.

> Please note below the post that you replied to which
> referenced the Single
> Candidate Proposal as a particular vehicle for supporting
> Karl Auerbach as
> the only candidate in the nomination process by proxy.
>
> I responding to the quotes with a "me too" you did infer
> support, although
> I acknowledge that this was indeed not your intent.

I confirm that I support Karl Auerbach as one possible choice for GA Chair.
But reading my post past the first sentence would have left no doubt in the
reader as my opinion about the proposal:

> > 2.
> > This motion is going nowhere, because it is the Name
> Council that hase to
> > approve the nomination mechanism.
> > To propose a mechanism that has no chances to pass will be:
> > a) a loss of time
> > b) reduce our possibilities to influence the matter

I usually tend not to be in favour of things that I believe are "going
nowhere", that are "a loss of time", that "reduce our possibilities to
influence the matter" ;>).

Regards
Roberto