RE: [ga] nomination procedures

I agree with but Mr. Froomkin about his suggestion below, but have modified
my position so that I now support only one vote (in total) per general
assembly mmember, with the top 3 vote getters being presented to the NC.
Thus, the NC would have to have a pretty good reason NOT to accept the top
vote getter. I believe this would be the best way to ensure a representative
who actually represents the majority of the GA.

Matt Hooker
Webmaster@Net-Speed.com
matthooker@hotmail.com

Froomkin wrote:

I'd like to suggest a refinement that applies equally to any procedure.

Whatever system is used should build in time for candidates to make some
sort of statement about their general views.   We should construct a
system that encourages some sort of discussion between candidates and the
electorate as well, so that issues are ventilated rather than have the
election be one of personality.