Re: New motion (was Re: [ga] nomination procedures)

Yes, I am of the understanding that in order to withdraw a motion one
would need the consent of the person seconding. I believe Andy is of this
understanding too, and would urge him to reconsider his wishes, as he has
garnered the support of at least 5 individuals on record by my count with
respect to his first motion to put forth one candidate.

Those individuals are, according to my records:

	1.)	Andy Gardner
	2.)	Christopher Ambler
	3.)	Myself (Bradley D. Thornton)
	4.)	Roeland Myers
	5.)	Mark Langston

NOTE: Mark's support was not stated as specific to the single candidate
proposal, but rather, Karl Auerbach's nomination in this proposal.

Notwithstanding that, and until there is clarification as to the
understanding I have made above, I would also lend support to a two
candidate approach, but hesitantly, as I do not believe that the NC can
defy this body if we give them the opportunity to choose to either accept
or deny the single candidate that we put forth.

Furthermore, I am not of the current mind to support a motion to present
more than either one or two candidates to the NC for selection.

Finally, I would have to check to see just who, under Andy's proposal, the
person who received the second amount of support in the GA DNSO
nominations was before I could decide to support this motion as it is.

I do know that it was in fact Karl Auerbach that received the most in the
nominations, not Mr. Quaynor ( forgive me if that is mis-spelled). And
although that the idea I presented here to the GA for the presentation of
a single candidate was not tied to recent nomination processes, my blanket
endorsement of Karl Auerbach is the reason that I supported Andy's flavor
of that idea.