[ga] votebot, again

I have done a substantial amount of work on the votebot in the past
two days -- code cleanup, the logging has been cleaned up, several
bugs were fixed, the "help" command was implemented, some of the
messages were rewritten to be more clear, and an extensive help
document was written.

Those of you signed up to the "vtest", "vtest_reg", and "vtest_aud"
lists at songbird received a large number of messages before I
realized that my testing was subjecting them to the barrage.  My
apologies -- thanks for being patient.

The new package is at ftp://songbird.com/pub/votebot.tar, if I did
things correctly.  Also, those of you who might want to see the help
text can send a message to votebot@songbird.com, with the subject
"help".

I'm sure that many bugs remain, and I would be very grateful if
people would test the code.  You exercise the votebot by subscribing
to the vtest lists (vtest, vtest_reg, vtest_aud) at songbird.  The
help text above should be sufficient to get you started doing your
own elections.  (Sign up by sending a message to
majordomo@songbird.com with

subscribe vtest
subscribe vtest_reg
subscribe vtest_aud