RE: [ga] waste of time

David,

You wrote:

> As with so many other lists that touch on DNS administrative
> issues, it would
> appear ga@dnso.org has become a complete waste of time,
> arguing meta-issues
> and being goaded into flamefests by the temper trantrums of
> people with the
> maturity of 3 year olds.
>
> The risk of not moderating a list in the face of stupidity is
> that people who
> prefer not to wade through shit to find useful content simply
> unsubscribe.
> Unfortunately, the people who can't understand the difference between
> moderation and censorship make the requirement to wade through shit
> unavoidable.

I hope you did not leave the GA boat yet, like I seem to understand from
your message is your intention.

If it is true that we are having an unacceptable noise/signal ratio lately,
this is also the fault of all of us who feel responsible for the "signal".

There are issues being now brought to the GA's attention: the election of a
Chair (which is a first evolutionary step), the discussion on the criteria
for membership and related fees, the ever present issue on the relationship
between the council and the AL, and probably more.

If we can't do much for lowering the noise level without raising (true or
false) issues of censorship, we can at least improve the ratio by raising
the signal level over the noise ;>).
Please help us doing this with concrete proposals and comments on the issues
above, and on all what you feel relevant to the GA list.

Thanks
Roberto