Re: [ga] List moderation

At 07:34 AM 11/11/1999 -0600, Weisberg wrote:
>Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
>> A membership wide vote on the merits of the ORSC rules (enforcement by
>> respected moderators) vs.  the IDNO rules (enforcement by majority vote) is
>> likely to be held shortly.
>>

>Has "enforcement by consensus/super majority" been considered as an
alternative
>to "simple majority?"

No. Nobody has put forward any alternative to simple majority.
Super majority might be a valid alternative. Consensus not, I think.

The only alternative proffered has been "the ORSC rules " in toto, without
modification.

Mind you, in view of the enormous resistance that democratic minded IDNO
members have against censoring *anyone*, even non-members( list guests ) ,
getting a simple majority to ostracize a member would already be very
significant.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org  (or direct:)
http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/