Re: [ga] List moderation

Please excuse me that I refute some of Bradley's falsehoods here.
Some of this is relevant to the problem at hand.

At 02:53 PM 10/11/1999 -0800, idno@tallship.net wrote:

>Only if you are certain to fenagle the adoption of the rules you wrote.
>The ORSC Rules of Civil Discourse are what is now in effect until such
>time that a charter is ratified, but that is not what you want so you will
>not permit the passwords out to moderators.

??? There are no moderators and there were no moderators.  This is exactly
what is the weakness of the ORSC rules. Nobody wants to moderate in the
middle of a mudslinging fest

>You are guilty of attempted censorship yourself! You demanded on the
>IDNO's SC list that Joe Abley remove Crisp and Crock and JW on no one's
>authority but your own - and you have never even been a member of the SC
>YOU HAD NO AUTHORITY TO DO SO!!!

That is right. And that is why it never happened. That is why Joe, who
really has the control over the list did not follow my suggestion (and not
only mine!) on JW .
Nobody, not even yourself, has been censored on the IDNO list, in spite of
the most uncivil and offensive behaviour.
What you call fascism was the prevention of a little coup d'etat in the
initial SC, (an attempt to have one side of the argument volunteer as
unaccountable "moderator" under ORSC rules)  and falling back on the will
of the membership.
The only force I could use, was the force of argument.

Your accusation (of twisting the polling booth text) is false.It was agreed
that both camps would have their viewpoints represented. Even members who
preferred your option testified that it was a fair representation of both
points of view. (direct democracy vs. representational model) The result
was an even split of the vote.
After that, the re-railing proposal (a compromise) was adopted by
overwhelming majority.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org  (or direct:)
http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/