RE: [ga] Since nobody in authority wants to announce it...

Eva Frölich wrote:

> If you look at the PSO it has four members - IETF, ITU, ETSI
> and W3C.
> <snip>
> ETSI is a European body. ITU is a worlwide body and if they
> feel that a
> european represent the ITU best - well.......

The PSO-MoU specifies clearly that the incumbent Organizations have to have
representativity in at least three ICANN Geographic Regions, and in at least
two countries in each Region.

If an organization is incapable of finding appropriate people outside NA+EU
to represent their interests, it seems to me that it fails to qualify as a
signatory of the PSO-MoU.

For the record, ETSI started as an European body, but is now active in 4
ICANN Regions, due to the globalization of the telecoms. Just looking at the
GSM standard adopted somewhere in all ICANN regions ;>), and its successors
already in study, should prove the point.
Of course, nominating an European shows that the European influence is still
powerful :>(.

Regards
Roberto
(European, and proud of it, but a strong supporter of the geographical
distribution)