Re: [ga] Privacy and Whois databases

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 karl@bostonlight.com wrote:

>     The dot.god and dot.satan top level domains will both support
>     anonymous registrations.
>
> I'm not familiar with dot.god and dot.satan and some web searches turned
> up nothing.  Could you elucidate please?

January is the roll out date.  Watch then.  They are popular tld's with
irc boy and girls.

>     Any addressing information is between the
>     registrar and the domain holder, and not the business of anyone else.
>
> May I ask on what basis you make this statement?

Sure.  It's called standard business practices.  Information between
yourself and your customers is kept confidential.  That's the rule in
business.

The whois is a database who's time has passed.  All one needs is to be
able to contact the other side is a simple email address.  Anything more
is marketing generousity to one's competitors.

Regards
Joe Baptista