Re: [ga] Privacy and Whois databases

Hi,

I will make this short:

I think Eva is right.

Today we (.no registry) are using the RIPE Who Is database and their
restrictions about copyright.

In near future we will have our own database, and we will ourselves
define the access policy for information about registrations under .no,
according to Norwegian law, and according to the needs of our customers.
Of course we will listen to advices from international organisations
like CENTR and ICANN (and IANA) when we define our access policy.

It is useful to have a central database pointing to the databases of all
top level registries, and we must be prepared for a diversity of access
policies among the top level registries.

Best regards,
--
Alf Hansen                     Postadresse:
                                  UNINETT FAS