Re: [ga] Privacy and Whois databases

On 15-Oct-99 Mikki Barry wrote:
> The contact information should be available for bona fide
> reasons.
> However, privacy must be protected.  Not just to prevent
> stalking,
> but also to prevent repercussions against dissidents and others
> who
> use the net's free speech aspects for criticism.

I disagree, and for people in the situations you present, there are
now sundry third level registries who require nothing more than an
email address to register a domain name.

For people in those circumstances, alternatives already exist that
provide the type of secrecy they decide they want.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934