RE: [ga] The North American DNSO BoD chair

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 R.Gaetano@iaea.org wrote:

> Therefore, people that were ideally in the DNSO debate, but just focusing on
> a different task at the moment.

Indeed. I am neither Karl's mother nor an uninterested party to the
outcome. I merely became extremely frustrated with the debate as it has
been waged on the IETF list over the past few years (my killfile is a
direct result of the squabblings thereon...) So when I saw Karl's request
for support in a venue I *do* frequent, I signed on.

I agree with (I believe it was) Ellen, who cited Karl's background as both
a technologist (not just any technologist, but an Interop alum of
exceptionally senior standing :-) ) and a lawyer. On top of his
"credentials" (I don't place much stock in "credentials" in general), I've
known Karl's to be an exceptionally reasonable voice over the roughly four
years I've had the pleasure to work with him through Interop.

It's pretty easy to speak out against a popular candidate. Perhaps we
could turn our attentions to speaking out *for* the people we support,
though, so they might compete based on their individual *merits*, and not
based on what supposed injustices one can conjure from thoroughly
reasonable  (I even dare to say unimpeachable) actions.

--
   Tripp Lilley  *  tripp@perspex.com  *  http://stargate.sg505.net/~tlilley/
   "Isn't that fascism?"  "No, because we don't call it fascism."

   - Kyle and Mr. Broflofski, the South Park Sexual Harassment episode