Re: [ga] Becky Burr freezes root servers

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Dan Birchall wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 09, 1999 at 11:14:54PM -0400, J. Baptista wrote:
> >
> > I has come to my attention that Becky Burr of the Department of Commerce
> > has frozen the root and even NSI isn't allowed to add new namesevres for
> > com.
>
> I'm a little unclear on whether Joe means nobody can add new _root_
> nameservers for .com, or nobody can add new nameservers (ie FOO-HST)
> _within_ .com.  Of course, either way it doesn't necessarily sound
> like a splendid situation.

I just called Burr up and left her some voice mail.  Called her boss
Irving too.  I'm very curious - if this in fact has happened, what was the
cause and reasons behind it.

Cheers
Joe Baptista

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           1.212.894.3704 ext 1033
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1.419.821.8581 fax