Re: [ga] nominations

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Karl Auerbach wrote:

> > Can we get your commitment to get the books of account open.
>
> Article III, Section 1 of the ICANN bylaws states:
>
>   The Corporation and its subordinate entities shall operate to the maximum
>   extent feasible in an open and transparent manner and consistent with procedures
>   designed to ensure fairness....
>
> I read that as requiring that all meetings, all documents, all
> records, be open to public view except for those things that are
> required to be kept private by law or for things that concern
> employees, the privacy of individuals, and other similar matter.
>
> So to answer your question, I believe that ICANN should be producing
> all the standard financial reports.  I don't think things like bank
> account numbers should be published.  I'm unsure about whether a full
> general ledger should be published, as that tends to disclose
> individual employee salary information.  (Although I believe the
> salaries and other compensation of all officers and directors should
> be clearly disclosed.)

Thank you Karl.  I appreciate your support on disclosure.  What I would
like to see with respect to disclosure is not the general ledger, but the
trial balance.  I've asked over and over for it, but nothing comes about.
A trial balance can be produced which lumps the salary departments
accounts and benefits together reducing the ability to gather personal
financial details.

I'm not happy with the current ICANN concept of financial disclosure,
which is nothing more then a proforma statement.  I need real numbers and
not the fiction the executive has been living on.

Thanks again Karl.

Cheers
Joe Baptista

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           baptista@pccf.net
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033