Re: [ga] Geodiversity: The Middle East

At 01:47 PM 18/09/1999 -0500, Weisberg wrote:
>> I second Dennis Jennings' and Dr. Nii Quaynor's nominations.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Doron Shikmoni
>> Israel
>
>Could someone provide a pointer to the "geographic diversity" maps.
>I am curious whether Israel is in Africa, Europe or Asia/Pacific.

Eric, just the thing to bring up in the middle of an election. ;-)

The Middle East is the Achilles heel of the IMHO hastily and ill-conceived
geographic diversity map.
If  "regional Internet interests" are the raison d'etre of GD,  the Middle
East
is a region quite apart from any other part of the Global Network.
If anything, it should be separated from Africa and Asia and be a region on
its
own. (from Morocco to Afghanistan)
It needs its own representatives to bring its unique problems on Board with
ICANN.

--joop--
www.idno.org

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org