Re: [ga] Nomination of Nii Quaynor

Hello,

even if coming from a widely discredited source of ad-hominem bile and
venom,
slander almost always deserves a dementi, especially if based on tenuous
grounds
gathered in a limited circumstance.

Dr. Quaynor's registrations of constituents of the NCDNHC were perfectly
regular and orderly, and whatever doubts were raised by them have been
addressed. By this time they are "signed and sealed". Dr. Quaynor's
honorability has not been credibly challenged in the NCDNHC and in fact he
has been instrumental in much of the constituency's successful
implementation.

I second his nomination. His presence will enrich the slate.

BTW "circumspect" (speak not of "excepted") is in very ridiculous misuse
in the lines below.

Alejandro Pisanty

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Jeff Williams wrote:

> Mark and all,
>
>   I have the same concern regarding Dr. Nii N. Quaynor myself.
> He on two occasions tried to register two different organizations
> as constituent members of the NCDNHC (See NCDNHC
> mailing list archives for more info).  I find both his nomination and
> exceptence extreamly circumspect.
>
> Mark C. Langston wrote:
>
> > On 17 September 1999, "Dr. Nii N. Quaynor" <quaynor@ghana.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >I am honored and accept the nomination.
> >
> > I am wondering if we'll get a full disclosure statement from Dr. Quaynor,
> > along with his geographic region, and a statement that he will voluntarily
> > step down as chair of the GA if elected.
> >
> > --
> > Mark C. Langston        LATEST: ICANN refuses   Let your voice be heard:
> > mark@bitshift.org  to consider application for       http://www.idno.org
> > Systems Admin    Constituency status from organized http://www.icann.org
> > San Jose, CA      individual domain name owners      http://www.dnso.org
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
> E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> Contact Number:  972-447-1894
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: APisan@SERVIDOR.UNAM.MX

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty,
     Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
     (Director, Computing Academic Services)
     Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM)
     Ciudad Universitaria, 04510 Mexico City DF MEXICO

Tel. (+52-5) 622-8541, 622-8542; Fax 622-8540