Re: [ga] dnso.org's lists as of September 1st 1999

At 01:30 PM 1/09/1999 -0400, J. Baptista wrote:

>244 people (emails) participating in a process that affects 200 million
>internet user, and has the potential to reach and affect the lives of an
>additional 4 billion, is not in my opinion the number is very short of a
>consensus.  very disturbing.

Joe and all,

It is not the low number per se that is disturbing (after all working
groups have to remain workable),
what is disturbing is that major interests and points of view will not be
counted when it come to decisionmaking through voting.

In Santiago I have just witnessed
1. An unelected Board that ignores a resolution of the General Assembly of
the DNSO to include Individual Domain interests on the Names Council
2. a Names Council meeting providing evidence of an indecent haste to take
advantage of the lack of representation of Individual Domain Name holders.

Does this General Assembly feel that it is properly represented by such a
Names Council?

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org