Re: [ga] PROTEST STATEMENT Re: they need multicolored hats

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, David R. Conrad wrote:

> > I'm a firm supporter of self censorship.
>
> Then please excercise it on yourself and/or try to deal with something
> substantive, not discussing infantile publicity stunts.

You have misunderstood - i'm not here to censor myself.  I fully support
one's right to censor oneself from anything they so wish.  It's the old "I
can't win this argument so I'll put you in my killfile" routine, also know
as the ostrage manouver.  Perfectly acceptable and time honoured means of
dealing with a problem.  I just wanted everyone to know that I fully
support Randy's actions.

With respect to your reference to "infantile publicity stunts".  If it
scares the icann board of directors enough that they pay more attention to
the needs of others, then that would be excellent, and if they don't -
they'll end up with a black eye.  It's a very flexibly disposed infantile
publicity stunt.

Regards
Jeff Mason

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           pccf@bigbird.earth-net.net
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033