Re: [ga] PROTEST STATEMENT Re: they need hats - a statement.

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Randy Bush wrote:

> >> One can make a fashion statement while discrediting the process.
> > The only thing discredited by inane and childish "protests" are the
> > protestors.
>
> unfortunately not.  their positions are discredited as well.  and those who
> might agree with some of those positions may find this a bit destructive.

I disagree.  As long as the participants conduct themselves civilly, as
they have done in the past, the hats will only serve to contrast the
message.

I understand your fear of hats.  If we imagine the chairman of the GAC
open meeting confronted by a sea of funny hats, it would be the worst
terror any civil servant can face.  I gurantee you that if that was the
case - toonies prverbials would be cooked ;-), and so would ICANN's.

The solution to this protest would be that ICANN listen to the protestors.
Please understand - our own position in this not as a protesting entity,
but a helpful hand in resolving contraversy.

Regards
Jeff Mason

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           pccf@bigbird.earth-net.net
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033