Re: [ga] PROTEST STATEMENT Re: they need hats - a statement.

Hi David - I don't think baptista is on the list, so will post his reply
to you and then reply in kind to your concerns:

From baptista@vrx.net  Mon Aug 16 18:36:59 1999
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:46:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: "J. Baptista" <baptista@vrx.net>
To: "David R. Conrad" <David_Conrad@isc.org>
cc: Planet Communications Computing Facility <pccf@bigbird.earth-net.net>,
        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>, "Sr. Francis Fanego" <fanego@pccf.net>,
        ga@dnso.org, baptista@pccf.net
Subject: Re: [ga] PROTEST STATEMENT Re: they need hats - a statement.

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, David R. Conrad wrote:

> Wow.

I'm glad your excited.

> Why not wear clown makeup too -- it might be more appropriate.

Too messy, very inappropriate, takes too long to apply and remove.  When
one is wearing a suit and protesting the goal is to be able to slip in and
out of the protest with a minimum of effort.  What better method then the
funny hat.  One can make a fashion statement while discrediting the
process.  And least we forget, protect oneself from UV radiation.

> I suspect instead of "spice", people acting like adults would be more
> constructive.

Your 100% on the ball here.  Problem is if these conferences are an
example of conduct, not many people are acting nice.  So failing civil
conduct we anticipate a display of funny hats will take the edge off
proceedings.

Cheers
Joe Baptista

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           baptista@pccf.net
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033

> Rgds,
> -drc
> "... I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused ..." -- Elvis
> Costello
>
> Planet Communications Computing Facility wrote:
> >
> > protesting whatever they choose.  Our issue is that the meetings need more
> > spice to make an accurate statement, and the wearing of funny hats would
> > certainly be a statement, in fashion if not in fact.
> >
> > Regards
> > Jeff Mason
> >
> > --
> > Planet Communication & Computing Facility           pccf@bigbird.earth-net.net
> > Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033

> > > btw, protesting what?
> > >
> > > randy

Regards
Jeff Mason