Re: [ga] Santiago DNSO GA Chair

On 7 August 1999, Joop Teernstra <terastra@terabytz.co.nz> wrote:

>At 09:44 AM 6/08/1999 +0200, Javier SOLA wrote:
>

>>Besides the fact that there are non-commercial observers in the Names
>>Council, non-commercial representatives participate as full members of all
>>working groups, without any limitation in number, all those who have
>>expressed an interest are in the WGs... where is the problem?
>>
>The problem is that there is an increasingly frustrated group of
>disenfranchised  Individual Domain Name owners, stakeholders in the DNS,
>who's representatives have *not* been admitted as observers on the NC and
>who will have to wait for the ICANN official blessing until they can fully
>participate and have their representatives vote on the Names Council.
>In the meantime, the NC can pass on recommentations from the WG's to the
>ICANN board
>and determine policy on issues that directly affect these stakeholders.
>Therein lies a problem.

...and let's not overlook how Mr. Sola in hit rant managed to neatly avoid
the fact that no working group yet constituted meets ICANN bylaws requiring
one nominated representative from each constituency.

Of course, that'd force him to invalidate the work on WG-A.

But I'm sure it's not a big deal.  Only a couple of people have brought
that bylaw up in the past few days, and ICANN probably didn't even mean
it when they put that particular bylaw in.  There's probably a "Just
kidding!" in the fine print somewhere that I missed.

--
Mark C. Langston	     			Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org				     http://www.idno.org