Re: [ga] Essay on ICANN

On 22 July 1999, "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@law.miami.edu> wrote:

>I have a modest proposal....
>
>http://www.icannwatch.org/archives/essays/932650853.shtml

Michael -
  Very nice proposal, but I'd like to ask:

When you say:

"ICANN could promise openness, due process, even-handedness, user
privacy, protection for noncommercial expressive activities, and agree
to avoid facilitating content controls [...]"

I'm concerned about the use of two terms:  openness, and noncommercial.
Everyone seems to have their own definition of openness, so who
decides what is 'open'?  And by noncommercial, did you mean the ICANN
meaning of the term, referring to organizations, or did you mean
individuals?

--
Mark C. Langston	     			Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org				     http://www.idno.org