Re: [ga] General Comments on the agenda

Michael, Gordon:

Do you really think your messages are adding anything to the GA dialog?
I think not.  What they are doing however, is cluttering up an awful lot
of Inboxes around the world, and for no discernable reason other than to
personally insult people.  I am particularly annoyed that you are
forcing me to respond and thus add to the growing pile of useless
messages of this sort.  This is the first and last time I will dignify
such messages with any reply.  Surely the rest of the GA is populated by
individuals who will draw their own negative conclusions about future
similar postings from you.  While there is no offence where none is
taken, it seems somewhat infantile to resort to such tactics.  I
reiterate that the process is not furthered in any way by doing so.

I'll leave it to Jonathan to reply to what I am generously
characterizing as the "substantive" portions of your respective
messages, but what I will respond to is your criticism of our choice of
e-mail accounts to use, irrelevant as it may be to the business of the
GA.

In fairness, since we don't know eachother, (and perhaps you should have
asked before criticizing) you may not know that Jonathan is the senior
managing partner of our law firm, I am his junior associate.  I
therefore work with him on his files.  Since an increasing part of his
job involves the DNSO, NC, etc., I work with him on this also, as I have
been doing for the past couple of years.  This is standard law firm
procedure.  Our full-time practices require just as much time and
dedication as your jobs do.  Working on Internet matters, attending the
meetings, following the process and keeping up with a tremendous amount
of e-mail takes us just as much time as it takes you.  Hence, part of my
job is assisting Jonathan with this and it is purely for the sake of our
own convenience, that drafts of any correspondence, reports etc, are
sent from this particular account.  When something is sent to, or
received from this account, it's from Jonathan, unless explicitly stated
otherwise.  Now is that so very bad?

Since you sent your respective messages, Prof. Froomkin has posted a
fairly detailed analysis of the issues with which he is concerned, and I
see that neither of you has had an opportunity to reply to him, as
yet.   I sincerely hope that you consider his views important enough
that the next messages you post here will include some constructive
comments about them, rather than observations about my e-mail account.

Best regards,

Dr. Victoria Carrington

--
Shapiro Cohen
Group of Intellectual Property Practices

Telephone: (613)232-5300
Facsimile: (613) 563-9231

This correspondence is intended for the person to whom it is addressed
and contains information that is confidential, and/or privileged to the
named recipient, and may be proprietary in nature. It is not to be used
by any other person and/or organization.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by telephone (collect)
and/or return e-mail.