[ga-watchdog]

Re: [ga-watchdog] Answer from Principality of Sealand

DNSO Secretariat wrote:

> | From ryan@havenco.com Tue Jul 31 21:23 MET 2001
> | Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:23:17 +0000
> | From: Ryan Lackey <ryan@havenco.com>
> | To: DNSO Secretariat <DNSO.Secretariat@dnso.org>
> | Subject: Re: Your request for Voting Registry
> |
> | Sealand is a platform in the North Sea.  It was constructed and derelicted
> | by the UK government during WWII, and has since been occupied in the 1960s
> | by pirate radio broadcasters.  It maintains that it is a sovereign country,
> | which has been repeatedly supported in legal interactions with the UK,
> | Germany, and other nations.
> |
> | It is not currently in the UN statistical use document.
> | http://www.sealandgov.org/ has information about Sealand.
> |
> | Quoting DNSO Secretariat <DNSO.Secretariat@dnso.org>:
> | >

> | > Dear Mr Ryan Lackey,
> | >
> | > I would be grateful you could provide the name of country
> | > where Principality of Sealand belongs.
> | >
> | > The United Nations Statistics Division provides information
> | > on Standard Country or Area Codes and Geographical Regions
> | > for Statistical Use http://www.un.org/Depts/unsd/methods/m49.htm
> | >
> | > Thank you very much in advance,
> | > DNSO Secretariat
> | > --

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | --
> | Ryan Lackey [RL7618 RL5931-RIPE]      ryan@havenco.com
> | CTO and Co-founder, HavenCo Ltd.      +44 7970 633 277
> | the free world just milliseconds away http://www.havenco.com/
> | OpenPGP 4096: B8B8 3D95 F940 9760 C64B  DE90 07AD BE07 D2E0 301F
> |
> --
> GA Watchdog Committee
-
We may even discover that this plateform may be hosting a single family!
I am personnally wondering how far ICANN is supposed to go, in taking
into account such nano-structures, when other (China or India) are quite
silent and under-represented.
ccTLD people are probably aware of that.
Dany
Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme@renater.fr |  FRANCE
GA Watchdog Committee