[ga-watchdog]

[ga-watchdog] Resolution to be sent to DNSO GA list

I plan to send the following today (because time is short) to the GA list.
-------------
The Chairs have noted Jonathan Weinberg's decision to remove himself from
consideration as GA chair.
After consultation with the Watchdog committee, the Chairs have deemed the
following course of action to be in accordance with the rules for elections:

- The election will go ahead as scheduled, with the same slate and deadlines.
   This is because we have no rules that allow us to change a running election.
- In the case of someone sending multiple votes, the LAST vote to arrive
   before the deadline will be counted.
   This allows you to change your vote if (for instance) you voted ONLY for
   Jonathan Weinberg, and wish to indicate another preference.
- If Jonathan Weinberg should be elected, he will be regarded as having
   immediately resigned, and the new chair or co-chair may call
   a new election to fill the vacancy.

This seems to be the best we can do under the circumstances.

--
Election of the ICANN Board Director by the DNSO
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-watchdog/Arc00/maillist.html