[ga-unfiltered] RE: [ga] Voters interest and Defining a voter's roll

At 15:51 3/02/00 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:

>On 03-Feb-2000 Joop Teernstra wrote:
>> May I propose that those interested in voting enroll themselves volutarily
>> on the dnso website, or via an email to a trusted listmember willing to
>> volunteer building this roll?
>>
>> Then both issues of identity and the measure of interest in voting can be
>> addressed.
>>
>> This is better than judging voters' interest from members participation in
>> a poll from which they may have consciously wished to abstain.
>
>So you admit that a "roll call" vote shows the interest in participation
of the
>polled group?

If you read it again, you see that that  is exactly the opposite of  what I
am saying.
I am arguing for a voters registration *independent* from the issue at hand.

The low voter turnout on the idno list (not a membership wide vote, but
only a discussion list vote) is more likely due to voters wishing to
abstain from this particular vote.
For example I abstained from the last voting  in WG-E , but this does not
mean that I would not want to have voting rights there.

--Joop--
www.idno.org