[ga-udrp]

[ga-udrp] Re: [process2] Re: [ga] Some other ideas about the questions... [ ga-udrp] UDRP Questionnaire

Marilyn and all assembly members or other interested parties,

Cade,Marilyn S - LGA wrote:

> I have for some time been a fan of actually analyzing the types of cases
> which are brought and outcomes in order to support the evaluation process.

  As have a number of our staff, including myself...

> We have as a company, and the BC has supported a narrow definition of what
> types of cases should be brought to the UDRP, and supported that the courts
> are there for other instances of disputes and conflicts, and that the courts
> remain a recourse after a UDRP, to either party.

  I think that you have possibly inadvertently hit upon on of the center points
of the UDRP process.  The courts should be the option of the Domain Name
holder in any dispute, irregardless of any UDRP filing by any complainant in
order to protect the interests of the Domain Name holder.  This could be
a jurisdictional problem for some complainants to be sure, but if they are
filing on a TM related issue than they are responsible for defending their
TM. This is not a direct UDRP problem but a contractual one with
the registrant agreements related to the registration of a Domain Name.
Ergo, extra legal...

> Do you think that the proposed questionnaire can help to do the
> quantification in a helpful way?

  Yes I do.  And If you have been following the ga-udrp list, I proposed
several questions to address a number of these issues...

Jeffrey A. Williams

This message was passed to you via the ga-udrp@dnso.org list.