[ga-udrp]

Re: [ga-udrp] WIPO2

Eric Dierker wrote:

> May I begin by saying that I personally find WIPO offensive to each man,
> women and child.  They are an instrument of all that is wrong with
> corporate America.

Me, too, but last I heard, WIPO was in Geneva, Switzerland.

> I for one read your entire post here and have read the TRIPS and at least
> fifteen BTAs, and am familiar with the WTO and GATT rulings and winks.  I
> am sincerely concerned with IMF money and succession to unreasonable
> demands made by the IP groups.

Yes, indeed, but remember, these are international treaties to which you
refer.

> The Internet community should be a lessoning of restrictions and a
> broadening of freedoms not the other way around.   These concepts you
> speak of give a power beyond that of trademark rationale. That is wrong.
> Each category of Trademark should be evaluated seperately, and these IP
> bastards have made them a gonglomerate.  You are addressing normal bright
> intelligent human beings here.  The entire UDRP stinks and any moderation
> in dealing with the swine who propagate it is wrong.

Now, now, let's be nice. The UDRP, however, should be abolished.  I see
nothing in the treaties that authorize it.

> Of course I oppose those who have had their life blood sucked out of them
> through reverse domain name hijacking, NOT.  Please Mr. DPF, make no deal
> with the devil on behalf of us dotcommoners.!!!
>
> Of course I can be bought otherwise ;-)
>
> DPF wrote:
>
> > RFC3 of WIPO2 has just finished its public comment process and in the
> > near future WIPO will make a formal proposal to ICANN.

That "proposal to ICANN" is so absurd it's laughable! Who has the backing
of an international treaty here (such as it is) and who does not?  ICANN
ought to be going with hat in hand to WIPO, except that WIPO has no
authority in this area, either.  Someone point me to the "International
Domain Name Treaty," would you please?

Bill Lovell

--
This message was passed to you via the ga-udrp@dnso.org list.