[ga-udrp]

[ga-tm] Re: SWIPO New Service Announcement!- We'll steal short domain name to order!

  • To: ga-tm@dnso.org
  • Subject: [ga-tm] Re: SWIPO New Service Announcement!- We'll steal short domain name to order!
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 06:58:07 -0700
  • CC: Alex Kells <Alex@FTECH.NET>
  • Sender: owner-ga-tm@dnso.org

All GA-Tm'ers,

  Alex possed the following question in response and I responded
as follows:  (From the Domain Policy list)

ALex and all,

   It depends on who's or what definition you use.  And even then
it depends on whom has which of these examples registered.   To me
anyway this makes the situation even more confusing.  You might
than wish to ask the ICANN BoD or WIPO directly
(See E-Mail addresses in cc above) when, which and who's definition
is currently being used, and what the specific criterion are for
that or those definitions.

Alex Kells wrote:

> On the grounds that different people could register example.com,
> example.net, example.org, example.co.uk etc etc... doesn't that
> automatically mean there are domains out there that are "confusingly
> similar"?
>
> --
> Alex Kells - Hostmaster - Frontier Internet Services Ltd
> Tel: 020 7510 4713 Fax: 020 7531 9930 http://www.frontier.net.uk
> Statements made are at all times subject to Frontier's Terms and
> Conditions of Business, which are available upon request.

Jeffrey A. Williams
This message was passed to you via the ga-tm@dnso.org list.