[ga-sys]

[ga-sys] Restructuring in General/GA and AL roles

Funding;  It is not reasonable to expect the full time elected positions
in the GA as Chair to be non compensated. The same is true for the
necessary positions in the AL.

In fact I note in the amended contract between ICANN and the DoC, ICANN
has indeed covenanted to provide such "support".  To fail to so provide
would at the least be a breach of such covenant.

Of both the AL and GA.  I note that we get a situation wherein our poor
GA chair is asked to perform two roles;

President - handling outside matters and representing the GA to the
World.

Chairman - handling parliamentary matters and attempting to establish
consensus.

IMPOSSIBLE

And may I add that those who would like the status quo know this and
foster such inability of function in the GA.

So here is a simple suggestion;

We establish both the GA and the AL with the positions of both Chair and
President with each to have an assistant and each to have a Vice (no not
that kind - a Vice Chair or Pres.)

{on the matter of procedure here may I suggest that anyone who wishes to
take issue with a matter here or wishes to give wonderful input, make
your own decision on responding here or on the GA list with a full
tail.  Let us try to stay focused on several categories of restructuring
here, but please recognize that the GA list should be used to command a
full transparency of any actions taken or comments made here.}

Our ability to think and relate is for sure a gift that must be shared
to be received.(ed2001)

Sincerely,
Eric

--