[ga-sys]

Re: [ga-sys] the Euro v. Americas issue on privacy plus

Kent,
This below stated truth is to often overlooked in discussions on privacy
issues. I await all the arguments as to why it is no solution at all.
plus
Kent Crispin wrote:
<most snipped>

> If you don't want those details visible, then you can contract with
> someone to register the domain for you.  They then become the
> registrant/admin contact.  Your identity is protected; your contract
> with them protects your rights to the domain; they provide the service
> of a legal point of contact for the registrant/admin-contact.  With
> economies of scale such a service could be cheap.
>
> --
> Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
> kent@songbird.com                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain

The reason for the plus on the header was because this crosses over to the
major definition of membership qualification in the new IDNH constituency.  I
believe someone who uses a proxy should still be allowed to be a member.  But
I would like to here a solution to the verifiability issues first. Kent's
position on social responsibility increases in importance when you now include
being able to participate in *governance*.

--
This message was passed to you via the ga-sys@dnso.org list.