[ga-sys]

Re: [ga-sys] Disclosure of Critical Private Information

Hello Patrick,

The Tucows initiative deals specifically with the bulk access issue,
switching it from default opt-in to default opt-out.

It does not effect the publicly available whois, only the $10,000
subscription bulk access.

Tuesday, May 15, 2001, 9:53:07 PM, Patrick Corliss wrote:

> Hi William

> As an OpenSRS reseller, would it be possible for you to bring us up-to-date
> on their recent initiative in relation to the WHOIS?  This sppears to have
> been a good move in the right direction ansd I wonder what has happened
> since.

> Thank you
> Patrick Corliss

> April 5, 2001 | InternetNews - Business News Archives
> ICANN Pressed to Reform Outdated WHOIS Policy
> By Brian McWilliams and Bob Liu

> http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article/0,,3_734951,00.html

> In an attempt to reform outdated policies governing the use of a registrar's
> WHOIS database, Tucows Inc. of Canada is spearheading an effort to force the
> Internet Corporate for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to protect domain
> name registrants, which must publicly disclose critical private information.

> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga-sys@dnso.org list.

Best regards,
William X Walsh