[ga-rules]

[ga-rules] Re: [ga] Best Practices/ who objects? I do !!

  • To: Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>, "[ga-rules]" <ga-rules@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [ga-rules] Re: [ga] Best Practices/ who objects? I do !!
  • From: Eric Dierker <eric@hi-tek.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:58:31 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga-rules@dnso.org

William and Joe,

I agree with both of you they are strictly voluntary and that is how they should
remain.  I use the rules corner for this post because I don't want to piss
anyone off by discussing it too much on the main list.  People don't care and by
a very obvious lack of support for Patricks attempts to force the issue we
should not have to discuss it until something drastic changes.

OTOH probably many of us will do substantial research on the At-Large study
draft.  I already have four or so more pages that are on topic and not in my
normal vicious manner.  I have a unique interest in the dotcommoner plight and
will publish much about it.  It is good to have a sublist where I can dump my
conclusions and only those really interested have to make a little effort to go
read them, and then I do not bore and otherwise annoy you fine gents who could
probably not care less.

Joe the term best does not mean best in that way, as a matter of fact it is a
humble suggestion that they are simply the best that the author could do and a
real suggestion to those practicing to make improvements.  It is like saying
give it your best effort when we know the result will be flawed.

Eric