[ga-rules]

[ga-rules] An Internation of Laws and not of Men

We must solidify our rules and take the discretionary use of them away.
A beautiful courthouse stands in a wonderful little town called
Springfield, Illinois.  Carved into the marble above the entrance are
these enlightening words "Obedience of the Law is the Greatest
Freedom".  Yes, a sculpture of the man who spoke such truth stands only
a few feet away, and unlike most sculptures of Abraham, in this one his
eyes are not downcast but raised to the heavens.

I have recently concluded (kind of) a long and fustrating work on
Independence and have determined that the truth of the matter is that
only in Kofeltian* logic can there be a meaning for such a lofty goal.
Only in recognition and fulfillment of our obligations to others are we
independent.

Therefor I say unto to you who can write and draft and have earnest
hearts; please redouble your efforts on Best Practices and all other
rules effecting the GA.  Truly at present we are a rudderless ship
without our chart to guide us.

I hereby second Joanna's nomination of Mr. Lovell as chair* of this list
and ask that he act as interim chair and delegate certain tasks to those
unwilling to perform them in order to accomplish his clear agenda of
creating a foundation upon which the GA can better contribute to the
*Internation.

Sincerely,
Eric

*For every right there is corresponding duty,  for every responsibility
there is a corresponding privilege etc.
*"Internation" not globalization and not International but a single
grouping of Netizens caused and allowed by information technology.
Begun in the last century and formalized in 2003. See;  "When Borders
Come Crashing Up"
*"When there are no rules of men that bind then we must look to higher
Ideals and take action according to the Ideals."  If we continue to take
no action here because we lack a structure then we shall never have a
structure.

--
This message was passed to you via the ga-rules@dnso.org list.