[ga-rules]

Re: [ga-rules] Re: Consensus

What I'd like to suggest here is that we don't get bogged down in the
minutae (which I myself have introduced to some extent), but work with a
"Time is of the essence" approach.

Documents already produced and agreed by this organization encapsulate
processes and procedures in short form, the GA-rules and UDRP for example.
These are by no means perfect documents, that cover all situations, as we
know only too well from the GA Election, but in the overall scheme of
things, there is consensus that they are better than what went before.
That's what we should be aiming for here, a document that sets down a
framework in a few paragraphs, and doesn't seek to address the "what if..."
scenarios.

To that end, I'd support the Bill Lovell procedure list, copied below, that
even by itself with no further development, would greatly assist an
organizing committee in setting a timeline, which to my mind, is the
objective and the reason that the motions issue was first raised by Harald
on this occasion.

Provided that the Chairs stick to set dates, draw a line on chat and move
members through the processes, it should work. Of course it will be possible
for a professional paid disruptor to scupper anything we produce, in much
the same way that a professional burglar will always get through a security
system. That does not negate the fact that most members here are genuine,
honest people who want to improve the sytem so that it can produce
meaningful results and will cooperate fully in that endeavor.

Having said that, I will address Harald's detailed comments to the more
detailed and formal document I posted, and respond in due course to the
concerns expressed there.

Regards,
Joanna

--