[ga-rules]

[ga-rules] [Fwd: [ga] FW: Invitation]

Looks to me like we have some work to do on the rules and protocols of
public meetings.  General public meetings do overlap and yes one party
does report to the same party that reports to it.

Heck in Melbourne I new it was time to go take a walk have a cup of
coffee, do some fishing, write and read a novel every time the
presentation regarding what a great job the At-Large-Study was going to
do was given.

The GA chair does need to run around and proclaim great wisdom which
eminates from this fine "assembly" (noun, verb, adjective, adverb or
otherwise).  Obviously he does so at the great physical meeting of the
GA.

So here are the simple rough rules for who presents at the GA assembly;

The speaker and the subject matter and the postion to be propounded must
be submitted to the GA-Full list with sufficient time for public
comment.
(Obviously as with the Versign agreement an hour or two should suffice
;-})

As with any matter, if after said public comment the proponent still
wants to be subjected to further public scrutiny they are welcome to get
up and present at our physical meeting.

The intention of these rules is to allow the proponent sufficient time
to understand GA concerns and properly accomodate them.

These rules in no way are meant as a censor of who speaks and do not in
any way prohibit the presentation of  any subject matter by any speaker
during the public comment period. These rules are meant for the express
purpose of those who would like special recognition and a reservation of
time to be heard.

(end of rules)

As I understand it in most assemblies there is a protocol on when the
representatives can speak to other bodies in their official capacity.
It has to do with permission after submission and a check up on who he
speaks to, in order to preserve integrity of the assembly and office.
Certainly the Official does not make the decision.

Sincerely,