[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] U.S. Chamber of Commerce event in DC on ICANN, domains on 6/22

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:18:59 -0700, NameCritic wrote:

> See ICANN didn't invent keeping the general public misinformed. That
tactic
> has been with us for a long time.
>
> Propaganda: pro·pa·gan·da
>
> \fpräp",gand", fpr<p"-\ n :  the spreading of ideas or information to
> further or damage a cause
>
> ICANN and others like to call this PR.

Public relations, private interests
http://www.smh.com.au/news/0012/16/text/review3.html

It's a $1billion industry that no longer puts out just press releases. Anne
Davies reports.

The Persuaders
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/stories/s12260.htm

The English comic eccentric, Quentin Crisp had a wry take on the art of
television interviewing. First..he would tell his audience..decide what you
want to say and if its a wonderful story about your mother, and the wretched
interviewer asks you about your father..you simply say...well my father was
not like my mother and proceed to tell the story that you want to tell.

That's what skilful politicians do all the time...they're helped in this
communications process by what's known in the business as spin.

Regards
Patrick Corliss