[ga-roots]

[ga-roots] .BIZ - Proof-of-Concept IPv4 Service

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-roots/Arc00/msg00723.html

From: "Danny Younger" <webmaster@babybows.com>

From: "M. Stuart Lynn" <lynn@icann.org>
I am still receiving final editorial and other clarification

From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@syr.edu>

From: Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com>
You have a pretty weak notion of "proof".  If anything, what we have is
clear proof that ICANN has simply been following a policy of ignoring
any precedent set by alternate roots.

TLD Clusters are independent of Root Server Clusters (RSCs)
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12215.html

The tools here show that.
http://root-dns.org
Does ICANN have any tools ?
How does ICANN know what TLDs exist ?

If ICANN is "consensus-based", how can it ignore something that exists
and claim consensus ? If that were the case, then ICANN could just
ignore anything it convientantly decides is not the consensus it wants to
declare. Is that how "consensus" works ?

With respect to .BIZ...
Are you talking about the "Proof-of-Concept" .BIZ ?
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12215.html
...(i.e. the one that uses IPv4)...
http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/biz/registry-agmt-appu-11may01.htm
"Registry Operator shall provide the following reports and related data to
ICANN for use in its proof of concept evaluation."

How long will the "Proof-of-Concept" take ?
Will SLD.BIZ owners be able to move from "Proof-of-Concept" in IPv4
to real service in IPv6 at their own pace ?

How many SLD.BIZ owners are there ? Where is the "whois" ?

...Are the IPv6 .BIZ nameservers running ?
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp
0:212     BIZ
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12213.html