[ga-roots]

RE: [ga-roots] How the sky might fall

|> -----Original Message-----
|> From: owner-ga-roots@dnso.org On Behalf Of Joanna Lane
|> Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 5:25 PM
|> To: jandl@jandl.com; ga-roots@dnso.org
|> Subject: Re: [ga-roots] How the sky might fall
|>

|> Not according to this, Leah. http://www.dotster.com/privacypolicy.asp

mmm...Quote from above site.

" We partner with another party to provide specific services. When the user
signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact
information that is necessary for the third party to provide these
services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable
information except for the purpose of providing these services. "

This gives very open rights to use the information you provide.  You would
find such a clause would allow for any information you provide when
registering a domain name would entitle the service provider to list your
information in whois data.

You will find similar clauses in most privacy statements.  Privacy
statements only offer limited protection of any personal data entered.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.