[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] response to Crispin Internet-draft

At 18:56 25.05.2001 -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
>Once these two assumptions are made, multiple roots
>are equated with a *completely uncoordinated* root
>zone file. Crispin uses most of the draft telling us
>how horrible name collisions and uncoordinated zone
>files are. But as far as I know, no person advocates
>name collisions (except perhaps the Board members who
>selected .BIZ, but that's another story).
>
>In short, the whole draft is an enthusiastic whacking
>of a straw man.

Milton,

why don't you get back to suggesting other coordinating mechanisms, rather
than whacking the strawman that Crispin's draft is only saying that
collisions are bad?

You demurred from my claim that we agree that uncoordinated roots are bad
(short version of previous thread).

Yet I have not seen a *single* proposal for a coordinating mechanism from
you, apart from the "standards competition" that *will* assuredly lead to
collisions in the short run (as evidenced by new.net), and therefore will
lead directly to the problems that Crispin's draft set out to describe.

Standards competition will lead to collisions.

              Harald