[ga-roots]

RE: [ga-roots] response to response to response

<snip>
|> Imagine ICANN playing the part of the brain and the Names
|> Council playing the part of Pinky. What are we going to do next Brain?
Why,
|> what we always do Pinky . . . We're going to take over the world!
<snip>

Can't resist this one...Given the joke in the above (or point if you
prefer) from the original is in the fact it is an individual tackling
impossible odds it would seem inappropriate to use it in this fashion.  If
you substitute the other roots in place of ICANN and the TLDA or similar in
place of Brain, it would fit the facts much more closely.

ICANN services the majority with the other roots only supporting a very
small percentage.

I believe we must keep in mind that ICANN is/has developed a process for
the integration of more TLD's into the legacy root.  It is a structured
procedure with defined processes.  It may be slow in implementation at
present but most new procedures are slow at first.

There has not been any alternative procedure or process suggested from the
other roots and the call appears to be for a free for all to be
implemented.  Until a viable alternative structure is suggested and
defined, the other roots are not offering viable alternatives. IMHO.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.