[ga-roots]

Re: (Fwd) Re: [ga-roots] alternate roots considered harmful

Chris and all,

NameCritic wrote:

> Chris McElroy aka NameCritic

  Of course it doesn't and WXW know this.  WXW gets a little
confused from time to time.  This is one of those times...

> > And no, Simon, filing a registration document with IANA years ago does
> > not satisfy a reasonable standard either.
>
> Why not? They were the authority then. The same as ICANN is supposed to be
> now. To invalidate those agreements is to make all ICANN agreements only
> temporary and based on their existance as well. Then everytime it is
> assigned to another entity we would all have to start over. How do you think
> the current TLDs were approved and by whom? Do you think only things
> approved by ICANN should exist? Then everything would have to start over. No
> dot com either.
>

> > > No matter how much you insist that it is someone else's fault, the facts
> > > are the facts.
> >
> > No, not really.  Blame the alt.root/alt.tld community for not coming
> > up with a set of standards, including both technical and business,
> > that establish a better system for claims to be recognized as being
> > reasonable and recognizable.
>
> Because you don't agree with their standards does not mean they have created
> standards that should not be recognized.

  My questions WHAT STANDARDS?  RFC's?  RFC's are NOT and
never have been standards.  They are Requests for Comments, nothing more.

> Many of us don't agree with ICANN's
> standards or lack of them in certain areas but you seem to think it's ok for
> that to be the case. You think the other root operators should live up to
> whatever ICANN says is a standard. This is not the case. They do not have to
> do that.

  Again there are no hard standards.  Standards are only guidelines any ways.
Any good technician know this.

> A new joke for everyone: How many ICANN Board Members does it take to change
> a lightbulb?
>
> None. They just declare darkness the standard.

  ROFLMAO  good point!

> The joke really is the fact that many including William tell us, LOL,
> William . . . Tell, get it, anyway, they tell everyone to accept whatever
> ICANN does as the standard. Who gave ICANN the right to do that? The DoC?
> Who gave them the right? The Internet is INTERNATIONAL. It belongs to the
> world. What part of that don't you get there William?

  WXW doesn't get any of it, it seems...

> ICANN is a California Nonprofit Organization. They are not an International
> body of any kind. They do not have the authority to tell the world what they
> have to do. They do not have the power you and others would like to believe
> they have. The arrogance that some California Nonprofit is going to set the
> rules the world will follow is like the little engine that could.
>
> ICANN will soon find challenges to it's so called policies that it will
> never overcome. They will not be the entity that runs the entire Internet no
> matter how much some current constituencies have designed it to do. This was
> an attempt by corporations and lawyers to take over the internet. I just
> want to know, is Touton Pinky or the Brain?
>
> Chris McElroy AKA NameCritic
>

> > They have not done so, they do not look likely to do so anytime soon.
> >
> > The ONLY reasonable response then is for there to be no recognition of
> > claims unless the TLD itself has shown itself to be a credible force
> > to be dealt with, which apparently at least one ICANN Board member
> > thought IOD had done with .web.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > William X Walsh
> > mailto:william@userfriendly.com
> > Owner, Userfriendly.com
> > Userfriendly.com Domains
> > The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> >

> > --
> > This message was passed to you via the ga-roots@dnso.org list.

> This message was passed to you via the ga-roots@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827