[ga-roots]

Re[2]: [ga-roots] MOTION - Consensus-Based Policy on Alt Roots

Hello Patrick,

Tuesday, May 08, 2001, 8:28:45 PM, Patrick Corliss wrote:

> Hi William

>> There is no way anyone could claim that such a proposal has any kind
>> of consensus, nor that RFC1591 supports the alt.root claim.
>>
>> Any effort to try and advance this as a consensus policy would be
>> illegitimate.

> Perhaps you could re-read the proposal.  It is AGAINST alt roots.  I cannot
> see how ICANN should not wish to foster compliance !!!!!!

Oh please.  It is carefully worded in order to foster a future action
to try and justify recognition of work in alternative roots.

To claim your motion is against alternative roots is disingenuous,
Patrick, not to mention dishonest.

> With your excellent writing skills, could you suggest how it could be
> improved.

No motion is needed.  No policy is needed.  Privately run root systems
are not within ICANN's mandate, and have no relevance to the ICANN
process.

If the motion even gets a second, it should be tabled, because the
motion in question is outside the scope of the body in question.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh