[ga-nominations]

[ga-nominations] acceptance

Please accept my belated and humble acceptance for this nomination.
I am in a South Eastern Asian country which causes difficulty in transmission.

1a Eric Hugh Dierker
1b eric@hi-tek.com
1c I am born and raised is Flagstaff Arizona, adopted youngest of six. I grew up in
a multicultural environment of Native North Americans, Hopi and Navajo and Mexican
Americans. I have a B.S. in Philosophy and a J.D. I attended the American Colleges
in Paris and Mexico, Puebla.
I am currently International Business Director for a small firm engaged in
Multimedia Marketing, which technicaly is an ISP. We are Partners or affiliates
with most Registrars (and I am currently unsure about Registries). I am most
closely asscoiated with the ccTLD constituency, although I attend to all ICANN
matters as an Individual. My main task right at the present is to establish IT, ESL
and ISL schools in developing countries.
1d My objectives as chair would be to increase individual participation from
members of the different constituencies. While ICANN is consensu by nature, I
believe that the GA is a concept where differing views should be expressed and
passed on by the chair. Both vertically and hirizontally.
I have four positions that I must abide by regardless of the GA. a) We must have
multilingual cooperation and development, b)Our ultimate goal is to understand and
impliment stakeholder interests, c) The only unnacceptable solution is the status
quo because tommorrow is history, d) I will only ever owe our children.

I will advocate the GA Positionsto the NC.  The GA chair should be supportive and
informative to the NC but not in a "staff" sort of action. The GA chair should act
more as an attorney to the court or bench as an advocate for the GA position but
required to provide sound data and pursuasion for the GA to support the GA position.

I wonder if any one is up to this task, all I can do is constantly monitor the
list, help with working groups and promise to attend the meetings. As I gave
direction to an assistant Ambassdor to a small developing country I told him "all
we can do is do our best and hope for our children for more often than not we are
merely spectators in this fast evolution of knowledge".

Most Sincerely,