[ga-icann]

Re: [ga-icann] Geographical Zones

Alexander:

And I "suppose" you're right! You guys do good work. I've
got the "Director/Voter" ratio, based on GA registered
voters, all calculated up and will post that later today after
I've had a couple people check my facts (and math!), and
later this weekend I'll do an analysis of the data on the site
you note below.  (Monday is Labor Day in the U. S.,
a national holiday, so we have a three-day weekend.)
(I should mention that I'm a chemist, not a demographer,
so everyone is invited to critique my little project here!)

And thanks, Alexander! (And thanks, Leah, for bringing
this up.)

(In passing, I might mention another fun thing I'm doing:
I've moved to a new house in which I have a decent-
sized room to use an office, and up on the wall is going
a world map with pins for all you fine folks. It is amazing
the additional perception of what this whole scene is all
about that one gets in doing that!)

(Also, one might ask what is the purpose of this whole
exercise? Besides providing a better idea of the actual
ICANN structure, it seems to me to give a "road map"
for outreach -- based only on voter registration, it would
seem, for example, that Africa should be targeted.)

Bill

Alexander Svensson wrote:

> William S. Lovell wrote on 01.09.01, 08:33:20:
> > Probably true.  If someone could point me to actual data on
> > attempted registrations, I'd give that a run as well.  But how
> > could such data be known?
>
> I suppose Leah refers to
> http://www.atlargestudy.org/stats/pubstats.shtml ?
>
> Best regards,
> /// Alexander

The URLs for Best Practices:
DNSO Citation:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents"; "August 2001:
Proposal for Best Practices for the DNSO GA." This
page also includes much else about the DNSO.)
Part I:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader,
available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)
Part III:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-PartIII.html