[ga-icann]

Re[3]: [ga-ext] Re: [ga] The IC constituency building results so far [was: stuff]

Hello Joop,

Thursday, May 10, 2001, 9:15:17 PM, Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 19:09 10/05/01 -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:

>>> The exercise has also exposed the weaknesses inherent in "on-line"
> democracy.
>>> The excessive power of  a single dissenting individual with too much
> time on
>>> his hands.
>>
>>A single dissenting individual?
>>
>>I'll stick my neck out here, because in this case Joop, you are flat
>>out lying.
>>

> William, I made a generalized observation about on-line democracy.
> Of course you stick your neck out.
> Getting removed from the list by the moderator will save you from having to
> prove your allegations and allow you to claim being gagged.
> Transparent ploy.

Joop, there is no ploy going on.

I'm still working to get people who can actually get through to you to
drop this counter productive issue without forcing myself and others
to bring the entire IDNO debate back into the limelight.

For the record, 3 people on the IDNO list have responded to your post
earlier and all of them agree that you should not be making the IDNO
the focus of an effort to get a domain owners constituency moved
forward.  This doesn't include posts made to the GA list saying the
same thing.

Do you still want to claim that this is just one person?

I'm being very conservative in what I say, because I recognize the
harm that us getting into this debate can cause, and I want to give
you every reasonable chance to work positively instead of negatively.

I've proven the allegations many times, and the proof is in the IDNO
archives (of which I have full copies as well, in the event they are
doctored).

We've been here before, and your insistence along this line will not
foster positive progress.

So answer this point blank, do you intend to make the IDNO the focus
of your push for a domain owner's constituency?

I've been treating you with kids gloves since you brought this entire
issue up, giving you every chance to save face.

You're own supporters pushed you to back down when this all came to a
head in the IDNO earlier this year.  Do you really expect them to
support your IDNO campaign now at the expense of a real chance at
getting a constituency proposal advanced from the GA?

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh

This message was passed to you via the ga-ext@dnso.org list.