RE: [ga] Stolen domains, transfers, WHOIS, audit trails,andsystemintegrity

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Johnson, David wrote:

> How would you feel about the following two steps to reduce conflict?

> 1. pass a law making clear that failure of a tm holder to "police" it's
> mark, insofar as the mark is reflected in some way in a domain name, is
> not a waiver that undermines any regular trademark rights.

You mean like what I suggested at a presentation at the annual meeting of
the California Bar association about two months ago?:

  We could create a new 15 USC §1130 that says something like:

    No holder of a US Federally registered trademark shall be placed at
    risk of losing that mark because that person did not register that
    mark in any or all domain name registries that might be available
    for such registration.

	--karl--