RE: [ga] Stolen domains, transfers, WHOIS, audit trails, and system integrity

> Which legislature? I'm in Canada, the seller might be in
> Korea, and the registry might be in the US, whereas the
> gaining registrar could be in France, with the losing
> registrar in Germany.

Anybody that still thinks that the courts are a reasonable way to fix
the problems that crop up in the namespace day in and day out have been
living in a cave - theoretically it sounds great, but as you point out
George, its often far from practical. Apologies to Karl, but its just
not realistic to rely on local law to solve international problems.

This is why uniform dispute resolution processes are such great ideas -
they can actually solve real-world problems. The biggest issue that we
have now though, is that we don't have enough of them and the ones we do
have need some work.

My biggest expectation for ICANN 2.0 and the new CEO is that this will
start to get sorted out quickly.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

Please review our ICANN Reform Proposal:
http://www.byte.org/heathrow